Monday, October 4, 2010

The girl in the yellow hat




So, I have an incredibly awful class schedule. I am in class from 1 to 6 on most days, so my exploring is limited to the mornings. It's really a pain, but today I was rewarded. My friend Alexis and I went to a thrift store where I bought a very cheap and cute hat, dress and sweater. After leaving the store, I decided that I didn't want to keep the hat in the bag because I was afraid I would crush it. So, two feet out of the store I put it on. About 20 feet after that a woman came up to me and said in french, "hi, can I take a picture of you? I am a photographer from a German fashion blog and we are doing a special on hats". I said yes (of course) and she proceeded to direct me through a 15 min photo shoot. She gave me her card so I could email her for the pictures. I'm not sure if I'll make the cut for the blog (literally every item minus my watch and shoes were second hand and sometimes they don't like not having brands to print, also she said I had tense hands), but hopefully she we email me back with the pictures and I will pass them on to you. Yes, that was a dream of mine, yes I have been telling everyone I meet including the man who sold me food this evening.

New goal: Sartorialist.

Love,
Violet

3 comments:

  1. Violet, you look great in actual clothes and not pieced together shalwar kameezen.
    I definitely want to see pictures of the hat. I am not surprised someone stopped and wanted to take a photo of you like that; if I looked liked you, I'd make sure that I was photographed all the time.
    Miss you and our sweaty talks. Hope Paris is turning out well. I am sure you have your address by now. Please enlighten us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't have my address yet because I have been too lazy to turn in my paper work. Oops. Soon I promise!

    Hopefully I will have the pictures of the hat soon, I emailed the woman but she hasn't gotten back to me. Otherwise I will take them myself.

    I'm glad that you have more faith in my style now that I am not getting dressed in the dark with 10 pieces of brightly colored clothing.

    I miss you too. Don't worry though I am still sweaty. I have a funny story about that. It is going to be my next post.

    ReplyDelete