Thursday, December 9, 2010

Snowing!

It was snowy and beautiful yesterday. I would have gone and played and frolicked in it except that I had class from 9:15-11:30, a french final from 12:30 to 2, French class from 2:15 to 3:15 and then class from 3:30 to 5:45. So much for study abroad being a slacker thing. Also thanks so much Uchicago for also stealing my last few days in Paris, as well as my first several (read: all of them). Anyhow, by the time I got out of class the slush was a foot deep. I had to wade through it to get to public transport which was a mess by that time. It took me twice as long to get back as usual but I rewarded myself with a chicken sandwich, french fries with mayo and many episodes of community, so I recovered. This morning all the slush had turned to ice and the sun was shining. Even though I was walking to my final, I couldn't help be happy. Watching posturing Parisians slip and fall on ice is ridiculously therapeutic. Am I a bad person? Maybe. Was it worth it? YES.

Love,
Violet

PS: http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/7569608-paris-a-prisoner-of-snow

2 comments:

  1. I also find that amusing. And no, you're not a bad person at all for finding that amusing. That makes me a bad person too. I guess our sense of humor is weird.
    I am not joking about coming to new york to see you. I am buying my bus ticket today. Ill be up the night of the 16th and leaving the 20th. Pencil me in somewhere then!

    ReplyDelete